How to calculate the average per capita income in 2024? Let’s say right away that the average per capita income is a conditional indicator reflecting the prosperity of a family for a specific period. It is calculated to determine the right to receive any benefits, combinations, benefits, etc.
When determining the value, the income of each family member in monetary terms is taken into account. The indicator is easy to compare with the subsistence minimum, the minimum wage, per person on average, regardless of the region, family composition and other nuances.
Also see the living wage in 2024: table for all regions of Russia.
How per capita income affects the standard of living
The legislation of the Russian Federation determines that every citizen, regardless of He must receive a living wage from his ability to work. This includes pensioners, the disabled and minors who are unable to earn money. All types of income are taken into account in the calculation, both wages and pensions, scholarships, self-employed income, etc.
- The higher the income of adults, able-bodied family members, the higher the average per capita income for everyone, including infants and elderly parents.
- Its size is estimated based on the established norm of 109% of the subsistence minimum for the able–bodied, 86% for pensioners and 97% for children.
- With a decrease in the average per capita income, taking into account the above norms, the family receives the right to social benefits, is recognized as poor, etc.
The latter rule applies only if the family received at least some income during the period under consideration. If they “did not exist” at all, payments will be refused. After all, citizens who are able to work due to age and other criteria are obliged to support themselves, children, even parents. Any assistance from the state is aimed at compensating the amount of income, and not at replacing it.
This position is called the “zero income rule”. It is aimed at reducing the risks of abuse of social surcharges. For example, for able-bodied members of low-income families to look for a job with official registration or register at an employment center. If a citizen makes efforts to provide for loved ones, the state will help him.
|To determine the average per capita income of a family, you need to divide the total amount of income of each family member by the number of all family members.
What incomes are not taken into account when estimating the average per capita income of a family
Some categories of income do not participate in the calculation of the total amount, because they are already certain payments from the state.
Let’s list the main ones:
- For the care of people with group I disabilities.
- For the care of children with disabilities, including those who have a status from birth.
- Allowances, alimony for minors or under 23 years of age during full-time study at a university.
- One-time assistance related to natural disasters, coronavirus, etc.
- Compensation for damage to health or property.
- Maternity capital, target certificates.
- Burial allowance.
Grants and subsidies, tax deductions, compensations for the purchase of rehabilitation equipment and services for the disabled also have “immunity”.
Which assets are taken into account when calculating
Gradually, legislation regarding the definition of the poor is being tightened. If earlier it was acceptable to simply “hide income”, now such attempts no longer take place. For example, they began to take into account clearly excessive property, including those issued to parents. The same applies to vehicles and other assets registered in federal registers.
The normOwnership is considered:
- the only house of any size and layout;
- several cottages with an area of up to 40 sq.m. m for each;
- one or more apartments less than 25 sq.m. m for each;
- a garage or parking space, including those issued as support;
- a new car with a capacity of up to 250 hp (excluding families with 4 or more children);
Also, interest on bank deposits is not taken into account if their amount does not exceed the subsistence minimum (on average in Russia). Maternity capital is also not involved in the calculations. When it comes to property, the real estate of children under guardianship is excluded. Or adults who are under arrest at the time of assessment or whose property has been seized by bailiffs.
The same list includes shared-ownership property, if the family accounts for no more than 1/3 of the total area, houses and apartments unsuitable for living. There are norms for country houses, land plots in urban and rural settlements, including separately for the Far Eastern hectare.
You can own a basement, other non-residential premises, a vegetable garden, a tractor, a combine harvester, a boat (motor boat). The list is long, each situation should be evaluated individually.
What does the average per capita family income include
Despite the simplicity of the formula, which is the usual addition of components, in the case of calculation, a fairly extensive list of income categories will have to be taken into account. For example, a citizen can have a farm as an individual entrepreneur, self-employed or just work there.
The main types:
- Employment, including salary, bonus, fees, etc.
- Compensation for state and public duties, including judges.
- Allowances for military personnel and employees of law enforcement agencies.
- Entrepreneurship, services provided by the self-employed.
- Pension, scholarship, alimony, social benefits.
- Interest on deposits and securities.
This also includes renting, selling real estate, and any type of activity outside the Russian Federation. Regardless of the composition of income, the amount for a certain period should be divided by the number of months and the number of family members.
Valid reasons for lack of income
The “zero income rule” mentioned earlier in the article is applied only on the basis of a fair distribution of state aid. Therefore, there is a certain list of exceptions for citizens when the able-bodied have the right to receive social benefits without income during a controlled period.
- One of the parents of a large family takes care of children if the other has income from work (pensions, scholarships, etc.).
- The same is provided that a single parent takes care of the child when the second one has died, is missing or is not listed on the birth certificate.
- The same applies to a person with a disability or an elderly person over 80 years old, or under 23 years of age when studying full-time at a university.
- The citizen is undergoing military service, has returned home for no more than 3 months after the demobilization procedure.
- There is an official unemployed status with registration at the employment center, but no more than 6 months.
- Being cured for a period of more than 3 months, regardless of the type of disease.
- Serving a sentence according to a court decision, plus a three-month term upon release.
- The attitude towards the indigenous peoples of the North.
When assessing a situation, several factors can be taken into account at the same time. But at the same time they should not be stored for more than 10 months. Regions have the right to independently clarify valid reasons and their impact on social benefits. There are exceptions. For example, citizens who are on full state support.
This group also includes conscripts, military personnel who receive education in specialized universities, citizens serving criminal sentences or undergoing compulsory medical treatment by a court decision. The decision is made on the basis of the submitted documents. In part, the papers are provided to the departments in electronic form, as part of an interdepartmental exchange.