Government Decree No. 2330 of 12/16/2022, according to Putin’s instructions, V. V. introduced a single allowance in connection with the birth and upbringing of a child on a monthly basis. Payments began to be made on 01.01.2023.
What will be the amount of the benefit in 2024? What are the conditions for obtaining it? At what income is the benefit due? What is its size in 2024, depending on the regions? We will answer the main questions in this article.
The main nuances and essence of the universal manual
- Pregnant women and citizens with children with low incomes have received the right to receive financial support from the state. The payment of the universal benefit has replaced several existing social benefits.
- The SFR (Social Fund of Russia), which arose after the merger of the FIU and the FSS, is engaged in the payment of benefits. You can arrange financial support remotely through the Public Services portal.
- All necessary amendments were made to No. 81-FZ dated 05/19/1995. The term “universal” has been replaced in the text by “unified”. But in the colloquial speech of financial and social workers, both names are found: both a single and a universal child benefit.
Which payments will be replaced by a single benefit
In 2023 and 2024, a single payment replaced several types of mat.Support:
- Monthly allowance for pregnant women. It is intended for women who have been medically registered in the early stages of pregnancy. The allowance is assigned to persons who have visited a doctor for up to 12 weeks;
- Child care payments to citizens who are not subject to compulsory insurance in situations of temporary disability or maternity. Example: parents who are not officially employed;
- A monthly allowance that is provided to low-income families up to three, from three to eight, from eight to 17 years old inclusive. The payment is assigned to one of the parents, including foster parents, guardians of a child under the age of 17.
Applying for a universal benefit does not deprive a citizen of the right to receive other types of payments:
- maternity (BiR);
- disposable during childbirth;
- child care under 1.5 years;
- monthly payments from the mother capital for up to three years.
A woman who is officially employed, gave birth to a child, for example, in February 2024, has the right, after completing her maternity leave, to issue a child care payment up to 1.5 years old or a new universal benefit. A citizen will be able to receive a payment if all the conditions for the assignment of benefits are met.
Universal benefit in 2024: who should
In accordance with No. 455-FZ, the single payment is entitled to receive:
- persons with a pregnancy period of six weeks or more who have visited a medical institution and registered for up to 12 weeks;
- parents, guardians, guardians of a minor child who are Russian citizens and permanently residing in Russia.
In both cases, citizens should belong to the category of those in need of social support. Therefore, before assigning a payment, the average per capita family income and property status are subject to assessment. At the same time, income in the form of interest on deposits is analyzed. The zero income rule is used in the assessment.
If parents have several children under the age of 18, then payments are based on each child if all conditions are met.
The zero income rule for universal benefit 2024
The zero income rule is an order in which payments are made to families in which its members do not officially work, do not receive income and they have objective reasons for the lack of earnings.
The legislation allows for valid reasons for the lack of income for both parents.
Wife provides child care, husband is on active duty. The rule does not apply if there was earnings for a year, even for a short period.
Conditions for receiving payments in 2024: what income should be in order to receive universal benefits
One of the main conditions for obtaining financial state support due to the birth and upbringing of a child is the average per capita income of a family. The indicator should be less than the subsistence minimum, which is valid and established in the subject of the Russian Federation at the time of registration of the allowance. The formula is used to calculate income:
Per capita income = family income in total for 12 months/12/number of family members
The calculation process takes into account the incomes of citizens who have reached the age of 18 in 12 months, which expired a month before the month of payment processing. Example: when applying in January 2024, income is taken for the period from December 2022 to November 2023, in February 2024 – from January to December 2023, in March 2024 – from February 2023 to January 2024, etc.
A family of three persons: father, mother, child, lives in the Republic of Adygea. The table shows the indicators of the intermediate minimum, which are set in the region in 2023 and 2024.
|Cost of living
|for the working-age population
Total family income in recent years For 12 months it amounted to 36,000 rubles, the family has no money in bank accounts. The average per capita income for each member is 12,000 rubles. ( 36 000/3 = 12 000). The indicator is lower than the subsistence level, which is set in Adygea. For this reason, the family has the right to apply for a monthly allowance.
Who is recognized by family members for processing payments
According to the laws, family members are considered to be eligible for financial state support:
- the person who submits the application (the applicant);
- his official spouse;
- children who have not reached the age of majority, including persons under guardianship;
- adult children under the age of 23 who they study full-time. The exception is citizens who receive education in additional programs.
When determining the number of family members, the listed categories are taken into account. 1/12 of the total annual family income will be divided by this indicator. The legislation regulates the list of persons who are not considered family members when determining the right to payment:
- citizens who are deprived of parental rights;
- FL who are registered inthe official wanted list;
- military personnel who serve in connection with the draft;
- children under the age of 18 who are officially married, and others.
How to quickly find out the payout amount
To quickly determine the size, you can use the universal allowance calculator.
When calculating online, you must specify:
- family’s region of residence;
- the planned date of submission of the application in 2024;
- family composition;
- age and number of children;
- family income. It is required to indicate the earnings of all family members before income tax for 12 months.
Parents must have an official income or an objective reason for its absence. If the application is submitted on October 5, 2024, then the family’s earnings should be indicated from 09/01/2023 to 08/31/2024.
Calculation of the universal benefit: rules and highlights
The amount of the single payment depends on the income of the family and the region of residence. The amount can be 50%, 75%, 100% of the subsistence minimum, which is valid in the subject of the Russian Federation. The calculation takes into account an important point in accordance with Article 1 No. 455-FZ of November 21, 2022 and Article 10 No. 81-FZ as amended on January 01, 2023:
- when applying for a pregnant woman’s allowance, the regional minimum is used, which is set for able-bodied citizens;
- for parents and guardians of a child under the age of 17, the minimum for children is applied.
The table shows the step-by-step calculation procedure if the universal allowance for parents of a child under the age of 17 has been approved.
|The amount is determined at the rate of 50% of the subsistence minimum in the region for children. First, the average per capita income of the family is calculated.
|If the average per capita income is more than the subsistence minimum, which is set in the subject per capita, then the amount of payment is 50% of the minimum for children. If the amount of income is higher, then you need to proceed to the second stage.
|The average per capita income of a family is calculated, taking into account benefits in the amount of 75% of the regional minimum for children.
|If the average per capita family income is more than the subsistence minimum per capita, then the amount of the benefit is 75% of the minimum for children.
If the average per capita income is less than the minimum per capita, then assigns a payment in the amount of 100% of the subsistence minimum for the child.
The table shows a step-by-step procedure for calculating the amount of payments for pregnant women.
|The average per capita income of a family is calculated taking into account the amount of 50% of the subsistence minimum for the working-age population.
|If the new indicator is higher than the minimum per capita, then an allowance of 50% of the subsistence minimum for the able-bodied population is assigned.
If the new indicator is less than the minimum, then you need to proceed to the second stage.
|The average income per capita in a family is calculated, taking into account payments in the amount of 75% of the subsistence minimum for able-bodied citizens.
|If the new indicator is higher than the minimum per capita, then an allowance of 75% of the subsistence minimum for the able-bodied population is required. If the indicator is higher, then in the amount of 100%.
Let’s take another look at the example of a family of three living in Adygea. Calculation:
- Their average per capita income is 12,000 rubles.
- To determine the amount of payments, it is required to add 50% of the subsistence minimum per child to this indicator. In 2024, in Adygea, it is 12,912 rubles. 50% of the amount is 12,912 X 50% = 6,456 rubles. The payout amount is 12,000 + 6456 = 18,456 rubles.
- The amount of payments received as a result of the calculation is 18,456 rubles. more than the minimum per capita (the figure in Adygea is 13,118 rubles in 2024). Therefore, the family will receive an allowance in the amount of 18,456 rubles.
If the amount of payments, taking into account 50% of the minimum per child, would be less than the subsistence minimum per capita, then it was necessary to make a calculation taking into account 75% from the minimum.
Unified universal manual: terms of appointment
The monthly payment to a pregnant woman is assigned after the officially established 12 weeks of pregnancy. At the same time, a person has the right to visit a medical institution earlier, register with a women’s clinic and apply for payment. The allowance will be paid from the month when the woman officially registered (but not earlier than six weeks of pregnancy), to the month of the birth of the child or termination of pregnancy inclusive.
In general, the allowance is assigned to a child under the age of 17 for 12 months from the date of the applicant’s application and until the child reaches the age of 17. At the birth of a baby, payments are made from the month of birth. To receive benefits, you must apply within six months of giving birth.
If a person received a monthly payment due to registration in the early stages of pregnancy, then from the month following the month of delivery. The person will have the right to receive further payment as the mother of the newborn if the applicable conditions are met.
The general rule of a single payment is payment for a full month. The dates do not matter for the payment:
- the onset of pregnancy at six weeks;
- applying for payment;
- birth, termination of pregnancy;
- children reaching the age of 17.
Increase in the amount of a single payment
Universal benefits have been in effect in Russia since January 2023. To recalculate the amount of payment, the legislation provides for an undeclared procedure from the month when the living wage was increased. This is regulated by Article 1 No. 455-FZ of 11/21/2022 and Article 4.2 No. 81-FZ.
If this indicator was increased in March 2024, then in March a pregnant woman or a parent who made a payment will receive an increased amount of benefits from taking into account the increased minimum. For this procedure, there is no need to submit applications and apply to regulatory authorities.
It must be remembered that in 2024, an unemployed person who is not an insured citizen in case of temporary disability and maternity has the right to make a payment for the care of children under the age of one and a half years.
Foundation: SFR website